View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Vovochka

Default Hello from Santa Cruz

I was watching a $200 318TI sit on Craigslist for over a month until I went to go check it out. It was missing keys and paper work. The supposed keys were over $300 to replace and the car had 295,000 on the clock. Body and interior were in great condition. I go back to buy it and it sold. Two days later it shows up on Craigslist again for the same price from a different seller. I offered him $200 to tow it to Santa Cruz and he did. Very sketchy.
A crumpled application for duplicate title and 36 dollars at the DMV had the car in my name and registered through April of 2018. 55 dollars had a key made at BMW of Monterey. The 318 fired right up and runs strong.
I've since ordered Koni str.t struts and shocks, HR sport springs, and a luk clutch. I just had Sumitomo htr p02s mounted for slightly more than I paid for the car. I am trying to build this on a budget.

I was wondering if there are any tricks to reducing road noise even more? Maybe peal and seal on the doors and roof..

Sorry for the long story. I wanted a fun, practical, comfortable, economical, and reliable car. I think the 318TI fits that! Looking forward to the forums!
Vovochka is offline   Reply With Quote