Thread: New Owner
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #7
gte024h

One thing to mention is that the heater doesn't get very hot. I just bled the system but it hasn't helped. I read the bleeding tutorial here, and did everything it said.

I removed the radiator fan wiring modification and now the fan does not cut on all the time. In fact I can't get it to come on at all. I let the car idle about 30 minutes and the dash gauge never moved past 12 o'clock. The heat was lukewarm as well. I did notice that the upper radiator hose was hot and hard, and the drivers side of the radiator was very hot, but the passenger side hose was cool and that side of the radiator was not very hot. Is it possible for the radiator to passively cool an idling engine such that the fan never comes on? The ambient temp was about 70F.

BTW, I went through the car replacing all the burn out bulbs (which was almost all of them) and when I put bulbs in the instrument cluster I added bulbs where there were some missing. Now the "Transmission" light is on all the time. The manual says this light indicates an automatic transmission fault, but my car has a stick shift. Should I just remove the bulb, or does that indicate something important? Also, the airbag light comes on all the time now. All the threads I've seen here say that the dealer has to reset the airbag light, or that it might be the "mat sensor". Is there anyway I can troubleshoot it myself?
gte024h is offline   Reply With Quote