View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 03:42 AM   #7
Newbomb Turk

Cleaned MAF and the sensor in the air box, can't say that I noticed a difference running. Did some more reading, about the Cam Position Sensor. Pulled the upper intake off again and ran the CPS harness, installed the sensor in the head. Reinstalled the intake, miss was still there. Gave up for awhile on it, came in to read some more. Found a site about DTC's. It gave a list of what can set the codes. The list was in order of likeliness. About the only thing I hadn't replaced or cleaned at this point was the coil block. I've looked it over probably three times and just couldn't see it being bad. Under the cover on it, it's poured plastic, just couldn't see it being penetrated. I thought F it, replaced it. It runs like a Swiss watch. No more miss. It truly runs like new, idles so smooth, rev's instantly. Cleared codes and went for a ride, accelerates instantly, a pleasure to drive. I've gotten a massive dose of 318ti this last ten days. Did everything need to be replaced, probably not. But this car in 3 mo will go to my youngest son, so it was worth it.
Newbomb Turk is offline   Reply With Quote