View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #12
Recon427

Alright guys. I spent the whole day bonding with my car. I can tell you that I have coolant on my hair, eyes, face, hands, and pretty much everything I am wearing.

So, since you guys wanted to be informed on how things worked out, here is the update:

After replacing: thermostat & housing, U&L Radiator Hoses, and Coolant;

Temperature gauge rises to 1/2 mark after about 5 minutes or so. Stays there through at idle and under acceleration. I will test it on the highway this coming Monday on my commute to school.

Heat: Works like a charm. Car warms up, heat blows HOT HOT HOT even at idle. After the heat has been blowing for a couple minutes on Hot, I can't touch the cabin air vents for too long because they get extremely hot. I think I can start wearing t-shirts now even though it is 30F.

Now, I have bleed the system only twice so far. I will check for leaks tomorrow morning. Wish me all the best; in that I don't find any leaks.

By the way, why can't somebody post a picture of coolant drain bolt on the engine block? LoL I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find it and then debating whether or not it was actually the coolant drain bolt. I took a video for all the novice mechanics like me and I will post it on youtube so that they know what it looks like.
Recon427 is offline   Reply With Quote