View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
ClubSport

I've also got a '95 as a project car, already got the DASC. I'm still sorting out the fueling. I'm looking at the PCIII and some bigger injectors.

As far as cooling, mine would overheat lapping PPIR in 40 degree weather. That was the hardest I pushed it for an extended time. So I changed to Evans NPG-R coolant - a non water based coolant with a much higher boiling point - about 400deg. I've read the literature and the science is sound. It's a really good coolant but at $32 a gallon it ain't cheap. Installation is a pain too, because you have to completely flush the water out of your system. One of the biggest advantages is that because it boils so high, you can run a zero psi system, meaning you can never burst a hose. I haven't gutted my radiator cap to go zero psi yet, but I'm going to do it this summer. I wouldn't worry about another radiator setup. My overheating problem is gone.

Once I have the bigger injectors set up with fueling computer I'm going to add my 9psi pulley and probably stop there(yeah right).
ClubSport is offline   Reply With Quote