View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 04:00 AM   #12
sikbrik

Default Just got a quote...

Eurodepot just gave me a quote of $1295 and that's specifically for the ti and includes everything (including new parts where necessary...clutch, etc). My local yard is trying to source the parts from different places to save me money but that could take weeks...this kit could be here in days after I decide to order. They also mentioned that the M50/M52/S50/S52 will bolt right to the trans if there was an engine swap in the car's future in case any of you would be concerned about that.
Everything I've read says 10 hours is reasonable for a job like this so I'm thinking I could start Friday night and drive it to work on Monday morning. 20 hours seems like enough time for a DIYer. Just have to talk my wife into it...she keeps saying how perfect the car would be with a 5-spd and, working for a BMW dealer, we got it on trade for a STEAL so it's economically not a big deal to drop the $1300. But you know how people can be when their precious car is potentially out of commission for a few days!!! Hmmm...a weekend of worry or a lifetime of complaining about the automatic?!?! Maybe I should just take my chances!
sikbrik is offline   Reply With Quote