View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 04:53 AM   #1
kstadelman

Default Just bought a 98 ti with little M motor

Hi all-
Been lurking for ages but finally pulled the trigger and sold my 95 ti with 182K lowered, tires and suspension and bought a 98 ti with a "little" M motor (328 block and M head.) for $3800 - my car plus $2000.
Here's the description:
This car originally came equipped with a 1.8 liter 4-cylinder motor. The engine has been swapped out with a 2.8 liter 6-cylinder M52B28 motor out of a 1998 328i sedan - With an M3 cylinder head and camshafts. The car has a 5-speed manual gearbox out of the same sedan as the engine -Also installed is a Limited Slide Differential (LSD) out of a winter package E30 sedan -The engine has a stainless steel header installed -The exhaust is a custom stainless steel 3" exhaust with V-band clamps,Borla muffler. -A higher flowing intake manifold from an M50 motor is installed along with an adapter kit from Turner Motorsports -The engine has M3 camshafts from an S52 motor -A custom programmed ECU is installed that has the speed limiter removed and slightly modified air/fuel maps to compensate for the intake and exhaust mods.-- Suspension Mods: The car has BC Racing BR-Type coilover installed and is lowered about 1.5" -Camber plates are installed on the front -E30 M3 front lower control arms were installed to reduce front suspension compliance -E36 M3 offset front control arm bushings were installed to increase front caster and reduce suspension compliance Other mods: -Glass headlamps are installed. -The wheels are BMW Style 42's. They are a forged 2-piece wheel made by BBS. They are 8.5" Wide and 17" in diameter. -Keyed lug nuts are installed to prevent theft of the wheels. -Carbon Fiber spoiler--New Clutch, New Flywheel -New slave cylinder -New Air Filter, Spark Plugs -Rebuilt Power Steering Rack -New Power steering lines, cooler, and reservoir.
Flew to Baton Rouge yesterday and drove it back here to Jacksonville, Florida.
!0 hours of listening to a REAL LOUD exhaust got really old. The list of things to fix is growing hourly.
The odometer is barely visible like a poor ground or something.
Bad tint on the windows. Interior rear view mirror vibrates like crazy. The diff seems to be at least a 3:73 and is real busy at freeway speeds.
BUT... the power is impressive, pulls like crazy, feels like close to 260 hp. Suspension is stiff but a little sensitive for highway use.
Quite a change from my stock motor ti.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	2015-02-27_2208.jpg Views:	270 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	15666   Click image for larger version Name:	813098-14-large.jpg Views:	321 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	15667   Click image for larger version Name:	813098-0-large.jpg Views:	313 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	15668  

Click image for larger version Name:	813098-9-large.jpg Views:	266 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	15669  

Last edited by kstadelman; 03-05-2015 at 11:43 PM.
kstadelman is offline   Reply With Quote