View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #6
stuwey08

right well i shorted to starter out and the solenoid click ..but it doesnt click when i turn the key, only when i short the starter with some wire, i am confused can anyone help me? is it possible i knackered the ecu when swapping it over? oh and also i forgot to say that i snipped and connected wires 1 and 3 from the ews unit uner the dash so the current comes from the ignition to the starter straight away and theres still nothinwg when i turn the key... does this mean theres a problem with a connection or an earth somewhere.. i cant see there being a break in a wire because the ti worked fine just 2 days ago , one other thing i did (well my friend )when swapping the engine over was to cut through the engine loom between that middle box and the engine because it was all that was left holding engine in (yes very stupid i know) but anyway i soldered and heatshrinked every wire back in place following the wiring diagram im 100 percent sure its correct and connected right id put my life on it but i was just thinking that the solder can increase resistance and could possibly affect the ecu by sending in a slightly lower signal from lets say the ews for example so the ecu could be getting wrong information but im not sure about that.. and that shouldnt affect the starter anyway so im still stuck :S please help
stuwey08 is offline   Reply With Quote