View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
bazar01

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Can't answer your questions...but, my AC is working great! I only use it on the HWY and turn it off upon exit. I noticed years ago that these cars don't have the power to run the AC in stop and go conditions. It's windows down at that time.
I don't know why you would turn the ac off in stop and go traffic just when you need it the most so you can stay cool especially after eating out for lunch and heading back to the office.
SW FL must be in the mid 90s now and much hotter than SW GA.

It feels like the condenser is not able to run efficiently like it is not getting enough airflow across the condenser coil.
I will investigate the seal between the radiator and condenser coil and make sure air is not bypassing the condenser when the radiator fan is running.
If I see some gaps between the condenser and the radiator I will try to fill it up with foam insulation to make sure the air being pulled by the fan runs across the condenser coil.

I do not have any problem when the car is moving over 55 mph which means that the condenser is getting enough airflow across the coil when moving fast. While idling, no airflow, no liquid Freon, no cooling across the evaporator coil.

If sealing up the space between the rad and condenser does not help, I will install a pusher fan in front of the condenser coil to help the radiator fan.

I will keep you posted.
2018 Suburban Z71
bazar01 is offline   Reply With Quote