View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
xxxJohnBoyxxx

You need to do a touch feel test, what I call the test anyways.

Start car drive 2-3 mile with A/C system running fan on high do not recirculate cabin air you want fresh outside air. After the warm up drive, idle for one minute. After the idle open the hood and ensure all fans are working. touch feel the cold side condenser line or return line right on the condenser, it should be warm to very warm. You should be able to hold your finger on it without removing it due to heat. If that is ok or not too hot then look at the dryer for a nice sweat at the line going back to the compressor. Make sure you touch the cold line or suction line right at the compressor and ensure it is cold. This needs to be cold since that cools the compressor and will extend it's life.

Condenser too hot and all fans working it might need a clean with acid. Condenser good but no sweat lines on suction return is low 134a or clogged screen before evaporator. I have included a link to charge psi for 134a gas. On the chart check all your temp and use the numbers it tells you to charge the unit. Also if the car had no gas at anytime or the system was open to atmosphere you need to pull a 30hg vacuum for 30 minutes before charging the system. Air or water vapor will cause all kinds of cooling issues..

Pressure chart: http://www.pacificseabreeze.com/tech...a-PT-Chart.htm

Bottom line is I think you have a charge issue, too much in the system

Best of luck, John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 06-24-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added freon chart
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote