View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
Texas98ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADESTAR View Post
Is the noise under the hood or in the back seat?

There is a normal whining noise under the hood when the car is on and continues for a bit after key is in off. I think it's something related to the brakes.

I've jumped my fuel pump to be always on in the past and can hear fuel splashing back into the tank when it was going. This is a back seat noise.

Did this just start happening or has it died overnight since you've owned it?

Not sure about that code. Something emissions related.
Hey there. The noise is definitely coming from the back seat area. For some strange reason earlier I was able to turn the car key on engine off a couple of times, the louder pump noise went for maybe 30 seconds before it turned off and the quieter pump area noise took over, but it actually turned off when I removed the key. It also stayed off after a 30min drive like normal. But then when I got home tonight the quiter noise was staying on after shutting the car off. I tried the key on engine off position again a few times but couldn't get the louder pump area noise, just the quiet one, which stayed on no matter what including when I took the key out, so I listened in the fusebox relay area and touched them all but they were all quiet. I pulled the fuel pump fuse so it doesn't kill the battery. Perhaps related? The fuel guage only goes up to halfway and stays there until fuel drops below that point. I put some B12 chemtool fuel cleaner in the tank today to see if that problem might go away.

Last edited by Texas98ti; 08-08-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Texas98ti is offline   Reply With Quote