View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
minimike

Vehicles
Default Mike's e36 Compact Build Thread

Copied my build thread from another site! thought I would continue it on here and see what people think
Here it is so far:

Here's was my 318Ti 1999 e36 compact when I brought it earlier this year (March 2013), it was pretty battered and had been completely stripped for drifting with a welded diff.

I started by buying a slightly better looking Mtec bumper for the front as the previous standard one was pretty beaten up.

Took me a while to figure out what wheels I wanted as there isn't much choice in 5x120, after much internet searching I came across these Dare wheels. I inquired about them in 16x8s which nowhere seemed to have after hanging on for a while I was bullied by my mate Phil to just order the 16x9s which I was a little worried whether they would fit or not!

I ordered some 205/45r16s for some nice stretch to make sure they fitted under the arches, I got some Proxies for the fronts and some part worn ones for free for the rear. I finally got them fitted after playing about with different springs to get the car sitting right at the rear, in the end I settled for some Alfa springs!

After that I wanted a bucket seat to hold me in a bit more as the leather seats were far too slippery! I settled for a Cobra Monaco which I had previously had in my mini and are amazing seats. these are made of a much nicer material now though and only cost £180. I also purchased some TRS harness's.

After mounting it with normal bucket seat runners I discovered how off centred BMW seats are, so it left me sitting far from centred with the steering wheel which was horrible to drive like. so I did some more searching online and found some solid seat mounts. I found some second hand ones on drift works for £100 for both sides which wasn't too bad considering other places wanted £100 a side! and I plan on getting another seat at some point anyway.

minimike is offline   Reply With Quote