View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
John Firestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox99 View Post
Does anyone have a manual or a chart with the pin#'s and the wire descriptions? These manuals are awesome if you are an electrical engineer. They don't have a sections for the engine twist plugs connecting the engine harness to the fusebox....
The BMW Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals (ETMs), linked to above, are drafted in a simple, uncluttered style for automotive technicians. Engineering drawings are almost always much more dense packed, and to a layperson, probably much more cryptic.

The first couple sections of each manual (0110 and 0140), after the index, explain how to interpret the drawings. (Different automakers have different styles). Sections 7000 and 7100 show component locations. The BMW ETMs are pretty well organized – is just takes a little time to get used to BMW's style.

For laughs, I have attached a schematic I was studying a few weeks ago, that helps engineers design in a simple voltage regulator. I only had to understand the bits near and around 2 1/2 sides, to answer the question: just how many pins can I tie to ground?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	lp2950_ti.jpg Views:	876 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	16242  

Last edited by John Firestone; 02-28-2016 at 01:46 PM.
John Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote