View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 02:46 AM   #2
Texas98ti

I have an update...I have a code for P0455 now, and the problem of the pump running continuously seems to be intermittent. I'm not sure the one that ran all night was the fuel pump. I looked at it again today and heard two different noises, the fuel pump I assume was much louder and had more whine to it. The other noise that ran all night was quieter but sounds like its coming from the fuel pump area as well. So, after putting the fuse back in to start it today, it acted like it didn't prime enough fuel and the engine sputtered and died after a low idle, if I used the throttle it would go up in rpm but it was shaky. I turned it off, then turned the key to on position with engine off and let the main fuel pump run for 30 seconds or so until it stopped, then turned it on and had no more sputtering issues, drove it to the store and back with no problems. After I got home I was able to turn the car off and heard the minor noise for about 5sec and then it seemed to go away completely. Weird situation for me.
Texas98ti is offline   Reply With Quote