View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
that_one_guy_with_plugs!

Vehicles
Default coilovers vs. springs and shocks. opinions needed

So I have owned a 97 318ti fir about 3 months now. Picked it up in Chicago for $2000 with only 130k miles. It was originally from Florida do it has not one bit of rust anywhere which is really nice. So far I have been replacing everything suspension and steering related.

List of repairs so far:
Tie rods, front and rear coltrol arms and bushings, carrier bearing, driveshaft flex joint, air intake boots, and front shocks(they were blown to hell).

I tried the monroe shocks because they were cheap and I EFFING hate them. They bounce almost as bad as my blown one's. Luckily Monroe is going to give me back my money for them and I'm going to get a new setup. I'm not looking for anything crazy fancy or with extreme track capabilities. Just something a little stiffer than stock.

Option 1: koni or bilstein front and rear shocks on bavauto springs. About $650 all together for parts.

Option 2: koni or bc coilovers. $1000 for either pair and no assembly or spring compressors required.

Option 3: CX Racing coilovers. $700 on amazon or andys auto. never herd of this company. I was wondering if anyone has tried them.

Does anyone have either of these setups and would like to add their opinions or does anyone have any other options they would like to throw in the mix. Thanks for reading.
that_one_guy_with_plugs! is offline   Reply With Quote