View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #15
cuseikan

Arrrrgghhhh!!!! 1 step forward 2 steps back :/

I spent 2hrs today at a pic a part tearing into every bmw at the lot looking for the power steering pump line to the reservoir. and I took off 2 connecting from 5 series bmw which happen to be just pressed into the pump with an o ring. then found a 3 series that happened to have the same setup and I couldn't quite remember it my pump was the same.... and of course it's not. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to get the part from a bmw dismantling lot that insist on charging close to retail for everything.

I figured I would just keep marching forward and toss the motor in, but before that I checked to see if the oil had been drained from the engine by the shop I bought it from. And as I was backing our the oil drain plug it fought me the whole way, every turn ate into my soul because I knew the inevitable was happening. Every last thread from the oil pan came out with the drain plug. I swear to god i will kick the teeth in on the person that cross threaded it last time it was change so know I have to to get a tap and thread kit And get that drain plug back in the right way. I refuse to use oversized self tapping drain plugs.

But I guess everything happens for a reason. I'm glad that happened while my motor is out, I would of hated to tap that drain plug underneath the car. And it gave me the opportunity to correct something that has been wrecking my sanity. I changed my rear main seal when I first got the motor. And foolishly wrenched Down the bolts for the flywheel without a torque wrench. so I have been kicking myself in the ass for not torquing them down To specs. But since all this happened today I tore back into the engine and rented a torque wrench and properly torqued down the flywheel.
cuseikan is offline   Reply With Quote