View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
handballallday

Vehicles
Default i WANT meaty tires....

i don't why but i like to compare my Miata with the 318ti. I don't know.... maybe because they're both RWD or maybe because they're both silver i don't know. I like to compare pretty much everything between the two but i know the Miata is a lot smaller and parts are less expensive.

Now i've never been too fond of stretch tires, low offset, and camber. That's not fitment to me and just looks ridiculous. I have meaty tires on a rather small set of wheels on my Miata which i absolutely love. I have 14x7 +19 RPF1's w/ 195-60's. I absolutely adore 14's on Miatas and think 14's belong on them but that's just me.

So.... i want meaty tires on my 318ti now. I had the E46 style 45's which are 16" but i don't like E46 wheels on an E36. I would like to do 15's or 16's the most with meaty tires. I recently put on a set of style 32's which are 15x7 +47 w/ 205-60's and i didn't get the look i wanted compared to the Miata.

Should i be looking for 15x8, 16x7 or even 16x8 wheels? How big of a tire size can i go with those wheel specs? Things to know are i don't autocross or track. Just weekend cruising so i don't care for the best tires. I have Sumitomos on the Miata. Then i have H&R Sport springs and Koni STR.T's to be installed very soon.

Any advice, suggestions and shared experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you guys.

here are the E46 style 45 16" wheels the car came with....

and here are the style 32 wheels i picked up. They're 15x7 +47 w/ 205-60's....

91 MX-5 Miataz - Silversurfer - Weekend Bandicoot
96 5-speed 2dr RAV - Purple baby monster - New Daily
handballallday is offline   Reply With Quote