View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #11
handballallday

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
All you're doing is increasing sidewall height and tire diameter. It will cause fender liner rub if you go too big. What most people are recommending you is to go with wider tires, but keep the same tire diameter. That is what I, and most people, consider to be a "meatier" tire when the sidewalls bulge out past the rim within reason.
i absolutely understand brother. I'm telling all of you i'm staying within 15"-16" the most. The car came with 16" style 45's that i don't like. I don't like newer model wheels on an older model chassis.

i recently picked up style 32's which are 15x7 +47 with 205-60's on them. Do i wish they were 8" wide? Hell yeah i do. On my Miata i have 14x7 with a 195-60. Yes they look big and maybe even alil ballooney but they look just right to me. I want the same affect, look, feel and ratio on my 318ti but on a 15x7, 15x8, 16x7, and 16x8 wheel.

That's why i said maybe i'll just go up one more size and do a 215-60 as oppose to a 225-60 which looks like it's meant more for a 5 series.
91 MX-5 Miataz - Silversurfer - Weekend Bandicoot
96 5-speed 2dr RAV - Purple baby monster - New Daily
handballallday is offline   Reply With Quote