View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
AdamBeevers

So, yet more updates. Where to start... Matchams went well, even with an open diff. Had to play around with tyre pressures to avoid understeer but overall was good fun. Ate some cones which caused a bit of damage to the front end including the fan but hey ho all in good fun eh!

Also managed to give the car the last bits of the service, oil and filter change, fuel filter etc. Sadly been suffering with a misfire, codes showing crank sensor issues. So tried a second hand one, still the same. Then whilst the car was running I played with the wire and it cut out, butchered one of the sensors so I could see if it was repairable, it would appear that the insulation has gone brittle with age and is splitting/cracking/turning to dust. So highly recommend anyone who hasn't replaced theirs yet, to do so ASAP. My cars only done 91K and is playing up!

I also managed to pick up lots of goodies over the weekend whilst trying to track down a spare crank sensor which I'll get photos of soon. Also have videos from Matchams once I can get them to upload!
AdamBeevers is offline   Reply With Quote