View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
Dude... download GIMP, it's free, geez LOL

And yeah... looks a lot better! the houndstooth pattern will be smaller though, right?

Speaking of Modena... there's a full Modena interior for sale here locally. No idea what they're asking for it though.
I have an older version of photoshop somewhere, just haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Not sure if it'll work for Vista, but if not I'll give GIMP a try.

Yeah the houndstooth pattern is smaller. I shrunk the bottom layer before I applied the top layer with the cutout, but I guess I didn't shrink it enough. The problem was that when I was shrinking it, the pattern blended all together and you couldn't really tell it was houndstooth. I was just trying to put the pattern up against the leather color to see how well they flowed. In the end, I think I'll settle for a color in between Modena and Tan. The modena is too orange and the tan is too grey. I'd love to pick up a Modena interior, but I'm in the same boat as you
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
that gives us a better idea

are you planning on leaving the M stripes on it? I think it might look better without them personally
I think you're right Brendan. I used to see those stick-on M stripes on ebay, but haven't seen them in a while. I'll keep my old ones and try it both ways. This project is way later down the road. I'm polishing my second set of style 5's ATM, caps arrived yesterday and the centers are on their way here from Massachusets as we speak I'm using my old style 19 barrels, they had a lot of rash, but I've sanded it down and you can't even tell anymore.

Last edited by cooljess76; 08-20-2011 at 12:44 AM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote