View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
Recon427

Thank you for your replies.

The car, as of my incident in massaging the coolant hoses, has not gone past the 1/2 mark. I drove it today at 65 mph on the highway for 40 miles and the temp stayed at about the 1/4 mark all the way. Smooth driving.

The temp gauge used to go past the 1/2 mark at idle but now it sits at 1/2.....I saw it go slightly over but that was about it.

I am wondering; is it worth the $150 to go get:
1) compression test on each cylinder
2) leakdown test
3) cooling system pressure test

I have the appointment scheduled for Friday...however everybody I have talked to says that I shouldn't worry about it.

There are no warning lights on or anything. The mechanic at the dealership said that the first sign would be my "Low Coolant" light to come on. He didn't think it was a head gasket problem.

As of right now:

I am awaiting my new thermostat, coolant, and U&L radiator hoses from autohausaz. I will do the flush this weekend and follow the procedures posted by cooljes.

I will check the Aux. fan as well.

I might be just over fretting about an issue that is as simple as a broken thermostat and coolant flush. The car touched the 3/4 temp mark once. It blows warm air now consistently. Hopefully it will be hot after my flush.
I love my car; so I plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Thank you guys for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Recon427 is offline   Reply With Quote