View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
nuvolarossa

After more than one year things are changed a lot, I'm going turbo and I have all parts, but still I have the power commander and I hope to use it with some 36lbs injectors that I bought.

So all we know that power commander will work with our cars, but it will control only fuel, that can be good on a stock dasc, but with a turbo it's so easy to raise the boost and controlling the timing would be great and safe for the engine.

Dynojet launched time ago another product, called "Ignition module". I've analysed it, downloaded suzuki gsx-r 1000 wiring diagrams to see if it would be useable in our cars. Then, after a great dialog with Dynojet Tech Staff, we concluded that it will not work in our cars, because suzuki uses 24-2 crank position count, and our is a 60-2. It will be too pricey for Dynojet to modify it for our crank position system, and he told me that other ignition modules from other bikes will not work too, because no one uses that 60-2, and because ignition module for a X model of bike is not compatible with power commander for Y model bike.

So I would say to go with something better suited, like SMT-6 or SMT-7, that can change the timing too.

I tried to use map with PC3, instead of TPS, and on desk it works fine.
Maybe I'll use it and will seach some cheap way to fool the ecu to retard timing.
nuvolarossa is offline   Reply With Quote