View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #1
CirrusSR22

#3. The general process it to flush the system with the old pieces in place, then do it again with the new parts. I started by sucking all the fluid I could out of the reservoir with a turkey baster, but that step is optional. It cuts down on the mess.

Start by cutting the small hose's crimp/clamp and pulling the hose away from the reservoir. Fluid will leak, so be prepared to catch it. You can see how nasty black mine is.

#4. Once the fluid is done draining, plug the reservoir with the cap from your new reservoir. We are creating a way to add fluid to the reservoir, but not have it return through the system.

#5. Now comes the time to flush the system. Take the loose hose and direct it into a large pan or container. Add clean fluid to the reservoir, start the car, and quickly turn the wheel full left and right. The reservoir will get sucked dry very quickly and start to gurgle. I don't know how much of that is acceptable, so I shut the car off as soon as I got lock-to-lock. Fill the reservoir again, and repeat the same process. I did it numerous times to make sure I got clean fluid throughout. I ran through 2+ quarts doing this procedure.

#6. Remove the banjo bolt, and the small bolt holding the trombone in place. Remove the trombone.

#7. Remove the pump supply hose by unscrewing the worm clamp and cutting the crimped clamp. Here's a shot looking down the pump input nozzle (bad angle, sorry).

#8. Loosen the bolt clamping the reservoir in place. Remove the old reservoir, and replace it with the new one. *NOTE* Before you tighten the reservoir in place, make sure the large output is rotated to be as far to the left of the car as possible (see pictures). The hoses will be stretched if the reservoir is in the wrong position.

#9. VERY carefully clean the banjo connection mating surface on the rack. A clean surface will prevent leaks. Debris into the rack can cause damage. Using the new sealing rings, tighten the banjo bolt to 30 ft-lbs. Well, it's too confined for a torque wrench, so you'll have to wing-it. Don't forget the small trombone mounting bolt.

#10. Attach the new pump supply hose, but don't forget to slide the hose clamps on first. Attaching it to the pump isn't hard, but sliding the end onto the reservoir is VERY hard. Some clean fluid will help lubricate the hose, but it's still a pain.
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote