View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 01:39 PM   #12
jeph23

Well, I know for a fact, that it IS cheaper to fix it yourself then it is to take it in and get fixed. But, I will tell you why it is so expensive. Beings that I have fixed mine three times now. First thing is first, I am not putting down your van or anything, but yes, it is a Dodge Van. Now, these are BMW's. Not that that makes a world of a difference, but just for the simple fact that evidentally they must mix a little gold in with every part they put out or something...lol But anyways, the cheapest, absolute cheapest, that I have found window regulators is for $81. And then the slide runs ya like $3 to $5. Okay, then in order to get the rivet tool to do it right, you either have to buy one, or rent one. I rented mine all three times. There was $20 a pop. So, totally, it has cost me about $315. I am getting really sick and tired of it, but from what I have heard, with these cars, it is just something that we are all going to have to get used to. It is a factory defect, and there is nothing that BMW is going to do about it... Go figure... But, its worth it, I love this car too much to get rid of it because of a window....
jeph23 is offline   Reply With Quote