View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
bubela

My last time out at the track, my clutch finally slipped. I think I've been using a stock e39 M5 clutch that came with the car. Since I'll be at even more power, I contacted Oleg at Clutch Net. Using their red pressure plate which apparently has 60% more clamping force. We talked it over, and finally decided on a 4 puck clutch. We'll see how much I like it on the road. If it's too rough, I might swap in a 6 puck. I'm planning on going to MIR for a 1/4 mile track rental in October. So it'll be in there for that!

I'm going to try to have gravity drain the oil for me. If not, I'll have to run a scavenge pump.

So right now, I just have to finish up connecting some plugs on the wiring harness and put the manifold on. A friend of mine and I are going to tackle the exhaust/down pipe/recirculating tube/charge pipe to intercooler, hopefully next weekend. I'm going with 3" stainless pipe with two magniflow mufflers. I'd like to keep it quite, but also flow nicely for all the power. Before, my wastegate would dump to atmosphere, for a ridiculous racket. I'd like to make a true sleeper that will take on just about anything that challenges me.
10.9 @ 134 MPH @20psi w/98 octane
http://youtu.be/LR_VUuHvw8o?t=1m50s

Last edited by bubela; 08-20-2011 at 08:12 PM.
bubela is offline   Reply With Quote