View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
mohaughn

Default New tuning options

So I've been continuing to do what I can to my car to prep for NASA timetrials next year. A free mod in TT is tuning. Since my car has a good amount of work done to let the engine breath better, I know that my Conforti tune is not aggressive enough. So I've been researching different options.

1) MarkD 93 octane tune. I've emailed Mark a few times asking about doing a 93/aggressive tune and never got a response back from him that he can work with the 282 ECU. However, I see that he did a group buy on m42club and the 282 ECU was listed as an option. So I think that this tune is available if you can get a hold of Mark.

2) Midnight tuning. I emailed this newer tuner and he got back to me that he can do a really aggressive 94 octane tune. The price for this tune was a bit more than some of his standard tunes so I'm looking to get some more info on this outfit before making a final decision. One good thing is that when I searched here on 318ti for different tuning work, I see that Johnboy has worked with this group and had good results. That bumps them way up in my opinion. If I could have this tune as a starting point, and then get additional tuning done when I have AFR data, I might end up going this route. Johnboy, if I get his NA 94octane tune, would you be able to help me get some data on the tune? I'd tow the car over to you.

3) Miller W.A.R. Chip. This looks like a really neat solution. I haven't seen it discussed here, so this was my main reason for starting this thread. Miller is the group that was going to do an M42 MAF conversion and had issues with the setup. It looks like they are instead going with a generic plug in chip that you then have to tune yourself. A neat idea, but I'm not sure that I need this level of flexibility with tuning.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote