View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #13
pdxmotorhead

With the right timing you should make better power on E10 than non alky fuel. Its effective resistance to ping is higher than straight 92. You will burn 8 to 12% more fuel when running it...

I keep wanting to try E85 in a turbo, should pull an easy 80 more HP than street Premium... But its gonna get way worse mileage if its like the flex fuel trucks I've rented....

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Do you know of any places that have somewhat affordable 0% ethanol gas? Every where around me other than going to marine places over on the east coast have 10% ethanol. If I could find a local supply of that, it might work out to be cheaper than trying to run a full blown race fuel.

I was planning on buying an LM1 datalogger, but found out how expensive the AMB timing transponders are. So hoping to be able to get a group together here in Orlando with another BMW club to do a dyno day. If I can get three pulls I have two different mafs I want to test with the 93 octane tune, as well as I might do a comparison of the turner chip to the 93 octane tune.

Spec miata guys will try different ecu's, different sensors, anything they can easily change to find which parts make that extra .5 to 1 horsepower..
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote