View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Ohio318ti

Default New member in Ohio - seeking advice

Apologies in advance for not knowing my way around the Forum. I have a 1995 Base 5sp ti that my wife and I bought new in 1995. My wife drove it up until a few years ago when I started driving it. It has 152k on it, is in good mechanical shape, original clutch, some typical ti problems (a bit of rust above one wheel, window lifts replaced a couple of times...). I'd like a car with a bit more space for hauling stuff (bikes mostly) and so I'm thinking of either spending some money to get our ti up to snuff and keeping it forever, or, selling it off and moving on to something with a bit more room. Ours is a daily driver and I'm putting 8-10k/yr on it. I somewhat like the idea of driving an older daily drive, so I'm torn between putting some money into it to fix some of the piddly problems it has (one side mirror is cracked, minor rust, needs lifts for the hood and hatch, plastic strip at the base of the window is all cracked, still hasoriginal shocks so I expect it cols use new ones, still has original clutch, original steel wheels and nice wheels would be nice.... Am seeking advice as to whether I should have someone do some work on it and keep it forever, or sell it? If I sold it, what's a fair price range for what I've described? Also, should I be entering my request for advice in a different part of the forum? Thanks in advance, and thanks also for this great Forum. I never knew there were that many 318ti enthusiasts! Ohio318ti
Ohio318ti is offline   Reply With Quote