Thread: Overheating 202
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Romoser.MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
White smoke out the exhaust? Was the car bled properly?
I can't promise it was bled properly. The mechanic who changed the cracked plastic piece wrote on the receipt that the coolant system was "flushed", but more than that I don't know.

(-EDIT: Just called the shop that did the work, they said its standard procedure to bleed it a few times, and assured me that it was bleed properly. I still don't trust anyone, but for what its worth heres more info.)

Could improperly bleeding it lead to that white smoke? It never overheated even close to the red. Just 3/4 at most, never even past it.

Based on the strange "cold" boiling of my coolant , the only way that can happen is abnormal pressure , which could be a result of air pockets I think. And as I'm reading the forum and waiting for responses I'm getting the feeling atleast the system was bleed improperly. Probably, and I'm getting airlocking.

But I'm also wondering if its a blown hg cause of this whitesmoke, or something else? Maybe the thermostat is bad because after 10 - 15 min idling in 25degree F weather it'll start to overheat on the temperature gauge but the coolant is still cool.

Or could it all be tied into being improperly bleed.

Basically I just want some slightly more expert advice/opinions.

appreciated everyone.

Last edited by Romoser.MD; 02-12-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Romoser.MD is offline   Reply With Quote