View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
jiggerjosh

Default Any interest in Bamboo Shift Knobs & e-brake handles (pictures inside)

I posted this over one bimmerforums earlier, mostly due to it being a larger forum. Hoping from some more probably in depth feedback on this forum. Since I have a 318ti when and if I make these I'll see what I can do about a group buy. Thanks for looking/commenting:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what everyone thought of this idea. I have been working on this project the last couple of days and was wondering if there was any interest in it. The best part is all the knobs will be made from "eco-freindly" bamboo which is a very renewable resource and makes it quite reasonably priced. I have some connections in the bamboo industry and I thought this would be a neat place to start. Both the shifter knob and e-brake boot will be direct fit meaning no set screw or adapters. They will be made specifically for each vehicle. The ones below are for e36 fitment, but should fit some other models. Price should be somewhere around $35-40 for the knob and $30.00 for the handle. This is just an educated guess though. There darker ones are Tigris bamboo which have a very nice weight to them, about as much as steel. Here are the renderings, please let me know what you think. If you have any requests let me know!

The more positive feedback i receive the sooner i can get the ball rolling
jiggerjosh is offline   Reply With Quote