View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #9
riddleyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Wants German muscle --> buys a 318ti.

Oh the irony! If this wasn't 318ti.org people would of had fun with that part!
But.. but... it's supercharged! Maybe when I get tired of battling the miatas, I'll put in the straight 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwrichards View Post
Must follow. Finishing up my Ti in Ann Arbor, plenty of extras if you need anything.
I'll keep ya in mind, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
I'm interested in more detail about the reinforcement tabs you made for the subframe if that is possible. I have a spare subframe I can prepare as well.
I just made them up as I went. I put two tabs on the side of each toe plates and camber plates. For the camber plates, I put a plate in the middle to reinforce it further. Welded them up just like pictured in the previous post. Welds aren't the prettiest, but they are strong as hell. The plates were oriented to reinforce the tabs against lateral loads which will be encountered in autocross. Here is how it looked shortly after welding the tabs in:

Here is a closeup of the passenger side toe adjustment plates (pictured right), and camber adjustment plates (pictured left):

Now here are the driver sides:

Another view, this time on the other side of the driver side adjustments:

The two camber adjustments, driver side on right, passenger side on left:

And the whole subframe, welding is complete:

Next, I prepped and painted the subframe with POR-15. I avoided the serrated surface so that the thickness of the paint does not physically interfere with the serated interfaces:

Now, this weekend, I hope to make some progress on installation. In the meantime, the paint is curing.