Thread: TN 1998 318ti
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 05:31 PM   #1
Falcowe

Default 1998 318ti

I have a Alpine White 318ti with the M-sport body kit for sale. I have owned this car for approx 8 years now and am looking to sell it back to the forum where I bought it from it's previous owner.

The car has some issue which his the reason I am looking to sell. Most importantly, after having new brakes put on just recently I was told that the transmission is going and will need to be replaced at some point. Which for me means I am driving on borrowed time. So I wanted to list the car here and see if there was any interest in it. I'm hoping to get $1000 for it but obviously I am negotiable given the current state of the car. Following is other relevant information:
- VIN: WBACG7327WKC30615
- Milage 167k
- Engine has been replaced. And is currently leaking a little bit of oil, likely from the engine swap performed.
- The dealer reports that I'm missing body panels underneath the car that in heavy rain cause belts to slip which cause a dip in electrics
- There is humming coming from the transmission. Especially noticeable when decelerating from higher speeds/higher gears to lower ones (between 1.8-3k rpm).
- Front breaks have just been replaced
- Dealer also reports that the Power Steering rack is leaking and recommends replacing as well
- Normal wear and tear in seats and headliner. (See pictures).
- Have replaced headlights with OEM Euro ellipsoid headlights.
- Have replaced window regulators on both doors with EU manual window regulators. (See pictures)
- When I bought the car I replaced the clutch, driveshaft among other things.
- Replaced with refurbished OEM cat last year.
- Still getting about 30mpg
- AC is not working

The car is still driving just fine, considering. I hope I can find a home for it here, amongst the 318ti enthusiasts. This is either local pickup only (local to Nashville, TN), or if you want it shipped buyer will cover any transportation costs.

Cheers!

Google Drive link for pictures.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HQ?usp=sharing
Falcowe is offline   Reply With Quote