View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:25 AM   #17
BRADESTAR

Vehicles

Still leaks! The one in my hatch is far less though, the new hatch seal helped. I didn’t think that the antennae grommet could leak being a high point and all. However there is still a small amount of water getting in, and the grommet is heck’a’cracked. I’ll replace it and see. After that, no idea.

The passenger side leak IS coming through the door. It seems our doors are designed to have water run through them. When I put the hose on it, water would run down the window guides into the door. Somehow it was working it’s way around the vapor barrier and into the car. The factory used Butyl tape to affix it, so I’ve got some of that on order and will re-do and hope for the best. Spent too much time on these leaks.

I also have lower outer window seals on order for both my TI’s. I tried Pelican this time (west coast) but doesn’t seem any quicker than the east coast suppliers (still 2 weeks to in hand). I checked with the dealer and they could have gotten it in 3 days (albeit $20 more each and I ordered 4).

Off topic, but can somebody explain to me how these online retailers work? Why does it take 5 days for them to even get it shipped? Why don't they ship from storage depot straight to me?
BRADESTAR is offline   Reply With Quote