View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Nix328ti

Got it. So your question is which would be more challenging, S50 or S52, right? Such low miles! I bet you could get some extra $$ from the parts.

Since it sounds like your still in the early stages, how about a wrecked Z3 for a donor? Not an S engine but it does use the aluminum block (2.8); Not a super power but definitely more power... Then you could get the trans and LSD with the deal. Maybe even some suspension upgrades...

Just throwing that out there. I don't have experience with the S swap but having swapped a few cars (non-BMW) it's really just about the small details. My other project is a '73 Vega GT. That's a whole different ball game since most of what I've done for that car I had to custom fabricate myself. With what I've experienced since getting my ti, there is way more support for parts out there.

I know one of the small issues to work out is the shifter setup. I guess that does bring up thel need to get a comparable S transmission too. Not speaking from personal experience with BMW but it's VERY likely that the S will make ice cream of the stock ti trans.

You probably already know all this so sorry if I'm tossing out information that you've already got a handle on.

Best of luck! OK, now someone with more experience can take it from here! LOL
Nix328ti is offline   Reply With Quote