View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #107
maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Hey guys, sorry to bring this one back but I got a relatively specific quesiton.

So I bought a set of rotors all around for my car, and turns out they sent me the vented Brembo ones for the fronts and my car was made in 09/97 - long story short, I got the E46 325i brake caliper + carrier set off an 04 sport and I was wondering the following:

if I have the 286mm x 22mm vented disks, will the E46 brake calipers still work on my car or would I have to get a whole different set of carriers off an E36?

I just checked and according to realoem the E46 325i brake rotors are 300mm x 22mm. That means the carriers you have are spaced out too far and will not work properly with the 286mm rotors. What you should have gotten was an E36 setup or maybe the E46 323i seytup to use those rotors.

The calipers are all the same, all E46 and E36 22mm calipers are the same until you get into the M stuff, it is the carriers that vary the posistion to work with the different diameter rotors.

Either send back or sell the 286's and get some 300s or your going to have to change carrriers.

sorry,
Dave

Regards,
Artem
The E46 carrier and callipers will bolt right up no problem.

I just checked and according to realoem the E46 325i brake rotors are 300mm x 22mm. That means the carriers you have are spaced out too far and will not work properly with the 286mm rotors. What you should have gotten was an E36 setup or maybe the E46 323i seytup to use those rotors.

The calipers are all the same, all E46 and E36 22mm calipers are the same until you get into the M stuff, it is the carriers that vary the posistion to work with the different diameter rotors.

Either send back or sell the 286's and get some 300s or your going to have to change carrriers.

sorry,
Dave

Last edited by maverick; 03-08-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: updated info
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote