View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 04:23 AM   #28
John W

I too would give slight preference to the M42; no OBD II to worry about. An E36 318i in H-Stock is hard to knock. After all, an E36 318is won H-Stock at Nationals in 2003 (?), defeating a number of MINIs. That same car placed fourth this year or last. That's a pretty impressive showing in what has become a very competitive class. My vote would be to keep your '95 in H Stock and take it as far as the rules allow. It should be less expensive and more competitive to build your car for that class than for STS. (My 318ti is currently in STX where it is woefully outclassed. It wouldn't fare much better in STS.)

I am certainly no expert on building an autocross car and am not 100 percent familiar with the H-Stock rules (so consult the rulebook first), but fresh front end suspension components, adjustable Konis, R-compound tires, an autocross-oriented alignment, synthetic fluids throughout, etc. are all good ways to start. You can probably get some good (mixed with some bad) advice over on bimmerforums.com's autocross/track message board.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...et/sig-318.jpg
John W is offline   Reply With Quote