View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #11
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
Search. Practice what you preach. There's plenty of info on this.
WTF is that supposed to mean? Anyway, nobody cares.

Hey Hugo, Rear Shock Mounts(RSMs) are usually the weak link in the rear suspension. Sometimes they break, sometimes they don't. They're pretty easy to replace and not very expensive. The bushings on the other hand are a PITA to replace and I'd only recommend replacing them IF they go bad. If you want to get new RSM's I'll be happy to install those since we'll be in there anyway, but it's not absolutely necessary. As with any lowered vehicle with stiff suspension, you just have to be careful and watch out for potholes, train tracks and speedbumps. I drive my cars pretty hard and haven't broken a RSM and my bushings are still good(knock on wood). But that doesn't mean that it won't happen to you or somebody else.

Last night when PettitWC and I were driving home from Malibu, we had to drive on this really dark road for a few miles. I wasn't too familiar with the road since I don't frequently drive it, so just as a precaution I decided to use my foglights so I could see the potholes. Luckily everything was smooth and we didn't hit any. I did slow way down for the train tracks though since I wasn't sure how bumpy they would be. But that's the kind of driving you have to train yourself for. If you know the roads, then it's cool. But if you're not familiar with the condition of the road then you need to be very careful. You also have to pay attention to debris on the road as well. If you hit a rock, a dog, a piece of wood or anything more than 3 inches tall, it's probably going to hurt, so be careful.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote