View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
ryszardsh

been there, done that 12 times in 14 years with same issue. Easiest way to get that hose off is to grip it tightly by hand in the curve toward the rear of the car and semi gently tug it off the connecter at the back end of the hose. It is a slip fit, no clamp/barbs/ridges etc. If you grip it correctly with your thumb on the inside of the curve the hose will gap away from the connector a bit and you can push the inside of the curve back toward the driver's door and pop it clear of the connector. The only other way is to remove the clamp etc on the front end but that connection is much tighter for some reason. Good luck

RAS

PS. In the pic with all the arrows (nicely done BTW) my car has another clamp, about halfway between the orange arrow and the front of the alternator whcih you can just see in the arrow pic. I snake my left arm under the intake box and in front of the alternator to get that one. One very good idea on reinstall is to get that clamp on first - if can be a bear if left to last. Also, note the filter itself only fits one way - it is almost, but not quite, square.

Last edited by ryszardsh; 11-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.
ryszardsh is offline   Reply With Quote