View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
mohaughn

OK.. I see what you are saying, but that is not a problem with SMG, that is driver error. You can't drive an SMG like it is an automatic and not come off the throttle when you shift gears.. I guess some of that blaim needs to be put on BMW sales people as I know for a fact that they try to sell it as a high performance automatic transmission, which it is not. You can't just floor it and stay completely in the pedal while shifting gears.

I also think a lot of what people are complaining about is the drive by wire throttle system. My mother-in-law is a service writer for a major Toyota dealership and she is always talking about the people that bring in their new toyota's complaining the the gas peddle is stuck or overly sensitive. When in reality the responsiveness in a standard mechanical throttle system feels completely different in an electronic throttle system...

I totally agree with the post on BFC where the guy says people hit the gas, nothing happens so they hit the gas harder, then the car lurches, and they let off the gas, repeat... You just need to get used to the newer electronic pedal and throttle.