View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
AdamBeevers

Right, time to talk about last night in a bit more detail. Videos are in the middle of uploading but the internets going at snails pace.

Arrived at my local track, Matchams. Quickly swapped onto my spare steels and joined the quee to get out on the track. Now at this point i hadnt seen the track at all, didnt know the layout or anything. Anywho, pulled away and attempted the first corner straight off the line haha, straight away realised tyre pressures weren't right, was constantly fighting understeer.

First round managed to loose it and plow some cones down which got stuck under the car so after jumping out and ripping it back out, I carried on. Once I got back into the pits, i realised i had smashed a fair bit of pointless plastic rubbish off the front and bottom of the car. Annoyingly I also snapped a load of thins off the fan, not ideal when cooling is a possible problem as it is with this sort of driving.

I then lowered the front tyre pressures and raised the rears a wee bit. And hit the track again, understeer was much better, bearing in mind standard suspension currently and open diff.

The second round went relatively smoothly, which then moved onto the third round. By this point i was really getting the hang of the track and a feel for things. Sadly i got a bit carried away and ended up fish tailing one side of the track and mowed down yet more cones, lucky on the side of the car this time rather than the front. Some how caught the front fog light during this though which was sadly taken casualty.

Great thing with an open diff, didn't have to change my tyres at all! Although the inside tyre was certainly on the low side...

Anyway, great night and a great bunch of people attending. Videos and photos will be up soon
AdamBeevers is offline   Reply With Quote