View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #8
m-technik_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
You just gave a new meaning to slammed. I thought the race springs are low...haha

I've been thinking about buying some PSS9 coilovers vs. the H&R

Looks great and I bet she can take on some curves.... Keep it up!!
Thanks Platanos! The big advantage of the PSS9's is of course the adjustable dampening. The H&R's have slightly more adjustability in ride height but no dampening adjustment whatsoever, so be prepared for a VERY rough ride. I'm not kidding, there are bumps in roads that I swore didn’t have any bumps in them before! How are the OZ Mito's working out for you? Have you decided on a way to get them to fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Can you measure from the ground to the front and back of the side skirts? I'm thinking about upgrading to that kit this spring. Also, what was included with the kit and how much $? Thanks!
The front part of the side skirt (right behind the front wheel, also the lowest part of my car at the moment) sits at 4.5 inches of ground clearance with the coilovers adjusted to the lowest setting. I'll get back to you on the measurement of the back skirt; my car is at the shop getting an e30 325 3.73lsd installed at the moment.

I purchased the kit from Understeer for $1,100. That was the best price I could find anywhere. Here is the link: http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-suspension.shtml

The kit included pretty much everything you need, the only thing I replaced which was not included in the kit were all 4 shock mounts. I also replaced the top washers that sit between the front shock tower and the shock mounts. I took my time, so the install took me about 5 hours, you could do it in 3 to 4 though.