View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 06:06 AM   #15
robcarync

well phill...the day it started doing this was the day we were going to flush the radiator...we moved it from the driveway to the street and back to the driveway again...so yes it was moved a short distance...interesting tid bit of information...i may have to check those spark plugs.

another random tidbit of information...it doesnt happen EVERY time...usually the engine will fire up after a few tries...sometimes it cranks first try...somtimes second....sometimes third...

and as of now, my dad has not actually looked at the engine...he just said it sounded like the flywheel wasnt turning...ill be sure to pass that information along to him...hopefully this will work phil.

and bimmerboi...you probably didnt read anything wrong...i just cant really give good descriptions because...well...as you know i dont really know what im talking about here...really the only stuff i know about my car is the stuff ive had to fix myself...so as i havent looked at this stuff yet, i dont know much about it.

also phil is correct when talking about semantic problems with terms such as turning over, firing, and catching and such...they can be kind of vague.

and i havent heard any grinding while trying to start it.

as of now...my situation seems to be remarkably similar to phils situation. although im not sure what relation starting the car for a short distance has to dirty spark plugs...but i shall definently check that out...it would be a nice way to save 400 dollars
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote