View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
SDKmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.hapablap View Post
the hybrids are ok... but it really does look off. it's lacking a lot of the flow of the real vaders, and that squashed side support..... it might look alright at a glance, but not worth it imo. get the real thing.
Im not seeing the difference here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx View Post
More like improbable; look into the RD Sport K18. It has a 2.4L stroked motor that makes about 220 at the crank (they say).

But he's right on the price. AFAIK the R24 motor was Japan-only (why it was in my English brochure is beyond me), but you might want to try calling them for details.
Yeah I didnt think stroking it out was the best idea and 2.3 was just a nice number that popped into my head. My idea behind it was to build up a M42 (since its OBDI) with as much power as possible, like I was going to run it NA, and the supercharge it. My idea behind this was to milk out as much power as humanly possible from it. And the idea behind the idea behind the idea was basically a big F you to bf.c. I will admit bf.c is a good resource for used parts and I do frequently visit there for ideas and styling inspiration but the "enthusiasts" there do get on my nerves. I dont think I should have to have a bigger and heavier car to have something thats fast and respectable. That and I love how ti's look and dont really want the eye sore of a trunk hanging off my car. Id love to have a lightweight ti that can hang with the "big guys" at the track and retain the stock motor. So thats basically my long shot of a game plan for things. What Id like is to get a nice hellrot sport model and start off with full H&R suspension on Style 5s then go into the aforementioned engine mods.