View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:23 AM   #3
ElmoPerkins

Well, I think there is more to it. Now that I have the icv plugged in and the engine is idling 800-1000 rpm, I can disconnect it and the revs go up. Sprung open allowing more air to enter. I bench tested the icv when everything was apart. I applied 12v and saw movement/closing, took power away and springs open. My next step is to check the signal from the dme to the icv with an oscilloscope. From what I understand, this signal should be a pulse width modulated signal controlling how far the icv is closed.

It sounds at the moment as if it is 100% activated while plugged in regardless of load, temp, etc.

Also knowing the AFM is not factory set makes thing that much more difficult to identify the problem(s). I don't have a spare icv or afm to swap and test so I'm kinda stuck.

Also I need to read up on the throttle cable adjustments. I assume they just need the slack taken out of them so the throttle has no slop. Any more adjustment and then rpms will change and the engine is slow to return back to idle rpm.