View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
ElmoPerkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
It seems to me the ICV is the culprit. Can you pull a used one at a bone yard to test?

The beauty of electric components is they are expensive and cannot be returned once opened.

As far as corrupt output signals: I suppose that is possible but a DME is not an iMac. It's pretty simple and generally either works or doesn't. I was involved in one swap where the car owner ended up with three bad DMEs but they just didn't work. I've never seen all well but one output signal.

Thanks for the input! I don't have access to a known good ICV and hesitant to get a used oem one on eBay or a China knock off.

I haven't have time to scope the output signal yet so I've been driving it with the ICV unplugged. The rpms get up fairly high 1400-1500 when warm and sitting at a traffic light. The engine will also start bouncing rpm from 1500-1100 like the dme knows it's idle is too high and cuts fuel to lower the rpm. I usually call this "DSM"ing because of the old 1st gen eclipses would have bouncy idles at times. Lol!

This is what I'll be testing.