View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Will'sBimmer

Unhappy My Fuel Pump died today.

Well my fuel pump decided to pass on today. Lucky me the car was parked in my driveway. It all started last night when I got in my car and tried to turn it on. Well it acted like it was going to start but then died before idle. I tried to crank it once more and it died again before idle. So I tried a third time and it started up and was running fine. Well after I got to my destination and let it sit for maybe 15 mins. When I turned the key to the second position I could hear what sounded to me like the fuel pump making a weird deep humming noise. I cranked the car and it started and ran fine. This morning on the way to school I could still hear this weird deep hum but the car cranked up on the first turn and I went to school. Now after class the pump didn't make the noise and started just fine. But once I got home and let the car sit I tried to start it and once again I could hear this deep hum but the car died before idle and ever since that I can't hear any noise from the fuel pump and it won't start period. No matter how many times I try. I checked the fuse for the fuel pump and it looked fine. I replaced it and still no change. I haven't looked at the relay but I suspect that the pump has just quit since it was making weird noises. I am waiting on my dad to get out to my house so we can hook a battery up to the fuel pump itself and see if it working or not. I searched and found a new pump on pelican for 173 but my dad says he can get one from a 318 convertable that is at his body shop. What do you guys think?
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote