View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #43
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
I've been debating this a lot lately, my ti has a lot of miles on the chassis and I'm starting to see little things degrade and fail, there is evidence on the chassis that the track/autox stress is adding up. (Top corners of the frame when the hatch is open has cracks forming.) I love the car, it's been super versatile and I've had it over 10 years now. I wish BMW brought the 1 series hatch here!
Ya the 1 series hatch would be great, it also seems like an updated z3 coupe. It would be cool!

I think your issue with cracks forming is a way more serious then my considerations, since that is the cars structural integrity. You have the parts already on the chassis so switching to a new one would be time consuming, but cheaper and more familiar, then going to a new platform. Or strip the interior, get it stitched welded? + simple roll cage? = good to go for 10 more years?

Even then you have got good life out of it so going for a new chassis is also perfectly valid, go explore, experiment with different chassis?

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote