View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 AM   #27
96cali

John, sorry to hear of your family's loss. I think you can be relieved he likely felt no physical pain and he has gone on to a better place. Not sure if you all are religious (I'm not) but I believe a part of us lives on somehow and he's right there with you loving and protecting your family just like he did in life. I had a contentious relationship with him in life but I ultimately accepted him for who he was and what he was given to work with. Now as a father myself I respect him for his responsible choices in life that I aspire to live up to. Count yourself lucky you got to learn those lessons while he lived.

BTW, did you infer he was not wearing a seat belt in a van with airbags? I didn't think they deployed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
I lost my father to brain cancer 15 years ago... I still have conversations with him, and I know he is listening.
True for me too. I have a better relationship with him now than when he was alive!

My dad passed away in 1998 after a slow losing battle with the after effects of lung cancer and lung removal. When we were called to come back to Wisconsin immediately (living in Ohio at the time) I packed and was changing the cat litter in the basement when I got a distinct sensation someone was over my right shoulder. Of course no one was there but we did get a phone call 15 minutes later saying he had died about 15 minutes before. Later a psychic told me he was over my right shoulder apologizing for something very few people would ever know he said. Quite sure he visited me when me and the mrs were making hot love once (he was a strict catholic, dunno?) and also when I told my daughter the story of Noah's arc (pin points of light again over my right shoulder, Sophie saw it too).

I found talking to a reputable psychic very moving, disturbing and healing all at once.

Peace bro.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote