Thread: Hey!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
hellarot

Default Hey!

What's up guys, my name's Lance, I'm from Jersey. I've recently acquired a '96 Hellrot Red Ti, with what I assume is the Sport/Cold Weather pkg(?), as I have a factory LSD and a 5 speed with the M44 engine. I first met the car about 2 years ago when the previous owner parked it at my lot with the intentions on getting it fixed and on the road. By then I had experienced a few Hondas and daily drove a 06 330i (Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Audio) so the idea of toying with a BMW was cool.. and then I noticed she was missing a couple of inches. I never knew the Ti was a thing until then and it caught my attention.

Summer rolled around and I noticed the car was still there, I asked about it and was told it's not for sale, so i left it at that but I always kept an eye on it. The interior and engine bay were a mess, so my interest began to die down but I couldn't get over how immaculate the paint was. Another month strolls by and I get a call that someone vandalized the Ti by spray painting it. At that point, I had moved my attention elsewhere.

Getting to the point, 2017 comes around, winter finally stops, I drop by the yard again and my brother tells me the title and keys were handed over and I immediately got to work. I'll be doing write ups for the projects I do on the Hellrat (haven't come up with a nice name yet hahah, might keep Hellrat but the style I'm going for isn't "ratty").

So far I've done a brake overhaul and have everything I need for a Level 2 Inspection, (LOF, Filters, Fluids), few cooling system components (Thermostat, Water Pump), and the valve cover gasket set. Right now I'm in the middle of typing up the brake write up and planning out how I'll go about doing everything.

On me, I'm a technician for Hyundai, I have been in the field for almost 2 years now and I'm not a wizard or anything but I enjoy what I do and have made the effort to learn the right way to do things and I've always wanted to be apart of a car community and this seems like my best bet. - I am hoping to have a dd/track car with a 6 cyl swap, Hellrat is gonna be the freshest ti in Jersey! (Wishful thinking)

Thanks for having me, I've attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	0425151141b s.jpg Views:	171 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	16878   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20170420_100124 s.jpg Views:	186 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	16879   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20170521_130343 s.jpg Views:	190 Size:	244.1 KB ID:	16880  

Last edited by hellarot; 05-28-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Structure, added Images.
hellarot is offline   Reply With Quote