318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
Today 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
Today 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 44 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 648 Views
  Share/Bookmark

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Fagerheim

Default Dead Power locks! Help!

Quote:
Mad-Machine in a earlier tread....:
dead power locks..

did the whole search thing and nothing I found seems to help..

the power locks on my Ti died. They will not work at all. I can individually lock and unlock all the locks with the key, but pushing down on the door button, using the key to engage them all, and using the button on the console seems to do nothing anymore.

this problem started a couple of days ago. I went to unlock my car to go to work and only the driver's door opened. Soon as I started moving, the rest popped as well.

Ontop of this, I can no longer roll up the windows or close the sunroof with the key.

I had the glovebox out and cleaned all the connectors to all the relays and modules I could find. I also pulled the driver's door panel to check the wiring, and checked under the hood for a bad fuse.. nothing.

So, to summerise: central locking will not work at all, but I can lock and unlock all the doors with the key individually. Along with this, the windows and sunroof stopped closing with the key.

And before anybody mentions the Comfort relay or the body electrical modual.. I certainly hope you can tell me EXACTLY where it is and what it looks like as I can't tell one from another under the dash
I got exact same problem right now!!!
Power locking dosnt work with the key....
Iv checked fuses, wiering and such...
Since I work at a BMW workshop I used the test computer to see whats wrong...
It tells me that the microswitch in the driversdoor, on the locksylinder is not working, well I took it out and checked it and it is ok, working as it should...
Then I used the test computer and tryed to force the power locking system and it worked just as it should... locked up and and locked... central locking will not work at all, but I can lock and unlock all the doors with the key individually....
Did u find out what to do ?
And btw.. when my stopped working the alarm went off several times, and i had to turn it lock up and lock the car... like 2 moths after it stopped working it worked a few times...

please help me with this!!
Fagerheim is offline   Reply With Quote